Friday, August 13, 2010

We have a K!!!!

A kindergardner that is! For his first day of school I decorated his chair and breakfast area with balloons and served him his breakfast on the "You are Special Today" plate! Such a fun tradition that my parents started with my brother and I! I tried to make his pancake in the shape of a K...it didn't turn out that great! Oh well, Gehrig seemed to love it!
I packed a little note in his lunch box. On the car ride home he told me that he got his note and read it himselfand loved it. And then asked me if I could put a note in his lunch everyday! Awwwww!

The obligatory first day of school pictures on the front porch! Another tradition started by my mom!

Seriously, how grown up does he look here???


Soooo excited!
Gehrig and Evan before school in front of their new lockers!

Just like last year, Colin thinks that he fits right in. He is always so surprised that he has to leave with momma!
I could have just walked out without saying good-bye and he wouldn't have noticed...I didn't, of course!
After the pledges (to the American flag, the Christian flag and to the Bible) Mrs. Curry had the parents and student hold hands in a circle around the classroom and said a prayer over the kids, the parents and the school year...what a wonderful little school Clovis Christian school is and what a wonderful teacher Gehrig has. I just know that it is going to be another fantastic year at CCS!

Evan, Jadis and Gehrig after their first day of school..you can tell they were pretty tired.

We asked Gehrig what his favorite part of the day was to which he replied, "EVERYTHING!!!" I guess that you could say that it was a successful day!

1 comment:

Jenna Cox said...

Ok, i know this is so random, but i found your blog when i was looking for ideas for my little boy's 1st birthday party coming up in September and your whale themed party came up in a search! CUTEST thing ever! We are doing a lion themed so i am trying to channel my creativity that way! Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hi and thanks for the great ideas! CUTE blog! AND i put a small plug to your blog in mine on "who inspired me". Hope that is ok!