Sunday, May 10, 2009

"My Cup Runneth Over!!!!!"

I have always loved this quote from Hope Floats. Birdie Priutt's mother often uses this expression to describe how she feels about her various blessings. I can not think of a better way to describe how I feel about my life and all the things that I have been tremendously blessed. On this Mother's Day, I am especially thank for my two blessings, Gehrig and Colin, who give meaning to this day!
Gehrig made me an extremely special gift in preschool and I got choked up, okay I cried, when he gave me this precious, hand-made present for Mother's Day. This glue and glitter covered treasure is my absolute favorite gift, and I don't think that it will ever be topped. I have read this poem so many times, and probably even given it to my mom years ago, but it had never tugged at my heart strings the way it did when he proudly presented this master piece to me. My Cup Runneth Over!!!!


Gehrig and Colin also got me a gorgeous bouquet of lilies, chocolates, a balloon all accompanied by a card that read:
We love you Mommy! You're the best in the world.
Love, Gehrig and Colin
When the flowers arrived, the buds were closed, but they are already starting to open up and the sweet fragrance is filling my house! All this was, of course, orchestrated by my amazing husband hundreds of miles away in Texas. I am the luckiest Mother in the whole wide world! My Cup Runneth Over!!!

No comments: